Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"It gives me thrills to wind you up.."

This crescent shaped hammock below your eye
Would capture each tear every time that you’d cry
As it filled up, it became less pink and more red
Revealing resentment towards words that I said

I’d watch as your brown eyes began to gather
These tiny red branches which appeared to be scattered
Branches belonging to an infuriated tree
Whose purpose in life was to finally be free

Your face appeared flushed as you’d summon the beast
And a tornado of a rush was just what you’d release
From your mouth you’d stir up a poison indeed
And wait for my hunger – I was ready to feed

Like a lion – your voice roared loud as thunder
To solidify the spell that you put my heart under
Of your beautiful sorrow as it poured down your face
From the hurt from my lips which could never erase

The beast would be free then and reign as the king
To punish evil lips that should say not a thing
Succumb to the pain – but of course, ready am I
To endure the loving fist from a man I made cry

Flames would erupt and dispel all around
Sirens would echo without making a sound
Quiet gun shots rippled inside of my brain
Against the walls of my heart, covered in shame –
Invisible blood stains are still all that remains

At night, a blanket of ice covers your heart
The glacier which didn’t belong from the start
Frozen to ice, your tears can no longer fall
The innocent child walks – no need now to crawl

But each time that you cried – the tears poured inside
The soft- pink hammock, where my heart still resides

This immaculate curved pink bed of tears
Cradled your sorrow and eased all your fears
You’d resemble a perfect and delicate white dove
As your beautiful tears would strengthen my love

No comments: